Ginaton is a small community settlement in the northern region of Israel. It is located in the Western Galilee and is part of the Mateh Asher Regional Council. The settlement was established in 1983 by immigrants from Latin America and is known for its beautiful landscape and scenic views of the Mediterranean Sea. The area is also known for its various agricultural activities, such as vineyards and olive groves, and is popular among tourists for its cultural heritage and historical sites.
Best places to visit in Western Galilee
- Rosh Hanikra: This is a must-see destination in the Western Galilee, known for its stunning natural grottoes and caves formed by the Mediterranean Sea. Visitors can take a cable car to the grottoes and explore the caves on a guided tour.
- Acre (Akko): This ancient city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its rich history and cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the Old City and the Crusader city, visit the Bahai Gardens and the Al-Jazzar Mosque, and enjoy the local markets and restaurants.
- Kibbutz Lavi: This kibbutz is known for its beautiful landscapes and scenic views of the Galilee Mountains. Visitors can take a tour of the kibbutz and learn about its history and daily life, and enjoy various activities such as hiking, cycling, and horseback riding.
- Nahal Kziv: This picturesque stream is a popular spot for hiking and swimming, and is surrounded by lush greenery and natural beauty. Visitors can take a guided tour of the stream and learn about the local flora and fauna.
- The Western Galilee Hospital: This hospital is known for its "Healing through nature" program. Visitors can take a tour of the hospital's gardens, which have been designed to create a healing environment for patients, and learn about the healing power of nature.
- Baha'i Shrine and Gardens: These stunning gardens are located in the city of Haifa, and are a must-see destination for visitors interested in the Baha'i faith. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens and learn about the history and beliefs of the Baha'i community.
- Beit Shearim: This ancient Jewish city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is known for its well-preserved catacombs and tombs. Visitors can take a guided tour of the city and learn about its historical and cultural significance.
- Zichron Yaakov: This charming town is known for its picturesque streets, historic sites, and wineries. Visitors can take a tour of the town's wineries and learn about the local wine-making tradition, and explore the town's historic sites and monuments.
- The Western Galilee Now: This is a cultural center located in the city of Acre, known for its exhibitions, events, and workshops that showcase the contemporary art and culture of the Western Galilee region.
- The Western Galilee Hospitality Center: This center is located in the city of Acre, and offers a wide range of services and activities for visitors, including tours, accommodation, and local food and drink experiences.